From desktop, to mobile, to email clients, and plug-ins, Todoist is the task manager is that available on the highest number of platforms, offering the most comprehensive to-do list experience. Many of our users have completed hugely important projects like graduate theses, weddings, and creating a business, and we’re proud to offer the tools for people to achieve their life’s biggest goals. So without further adieu, these are the 12 reasons to use (and enjoy!) Todoist’s 12 different platforms: Android (phone and tablet), iOS (phone and tablet), web, Windows, Mac OS, Chrome, Firefox, Gmail, Outlook, and Thunderbird.
- Get off to a good start! – not knowing where to begin. Your task list might sometimes look unconquerable in the morning. Spending five minutes at the end of each day to prioritize next day’s most important tasks will help you get off to a good start in the morning, and set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Schedule resourcefully – using the (web-based) built-in calendar to set due dates for your tasks, allows you to see the exact number of tasks due for any given day. While hovering over the dates in the Todoist calendar to find an appropriate date to schedule a task, it will tell you how many tasks are due for any given day, and it helps you scatter your tasks and keep your workload evenly distributed.
- Never miss an insightful article again – the Internet is packed with exciting information, and it’s sometimes hard to find the time to read it all. Adding articles and websites as tasks with one of the browser plug-ins for Chrome and/or Firefox prevents you from ever missing good articles again.
- Simplify large projects – dividing large projects into main tasks and subtasks is a proven method to increase productivity and decrease stress. As you view a massive goal in smaller pieces, you will be less overwhelmed and more motivated to complete the smaller to-dos.
- Track your tasks on the go – four of Todoist’s 12 platforms are made for mobile devices (Android and iPhone) which means that, wherever you go, your to do list will be right in your hands. Add tasks on the go, check things off as you complete them, and never have to worry about another paper list slipping out of your grip.
- No pressure to remember – Never forget to pay another bill, your cousin’s birthday, your dog’s yearly vaccinations, your homework, etc. Inputting tasks in Todoist that have yearly, monthly, or daily recurrences allow you to rest assured that the things you need to do– and redo over and over again– will always appear on the correct day, with the correct reminder.
- Avoid procrastination – it’s easy to get distracted from your goal anytime and, as motivated as we may be to reach it, sometimes having a reminder about it can be very helpful. Having your task list at hand all the time on all your devices will assure you really get things done.
- Don’t schedule too much – we’re often tempted to promise to complete a task for someone, participate in a meeting, call someone, but– as they say– “don’t make promises you can’t keep”. You can avoid that taking a quick look at your task list for a certain day and make a better decision whether you’ll be able to keep your promise based on how many tasks you already have planned for a certain day.
- Stay in touch with people, not just tasks – you read an email, you can’t respond right now, but think you’ll keep it in mind. But will you? With Todoist, creating a task from an email is super-easy. Mails can be linked using multiple email clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, Gmail), or sent to your Todoist Inbox regardless of what email client you use for direct access to the message content. Check out this post for details and never forget to follow-up on someone’s message.
- Tracking your productivity – sometimes we need a little motivation and Todoist’s Karma feature provides just that. It tracks your productivity, awarding you points every time you complete a task, and deducting points whenever you postpone. The feature enables you to understand what you are capable of each day, so you can better plan your life. It also transforms your to-do list into a competition against yourself, rewarding your productivity.
- Recognizing your priorities – our brains require less time and effort to recognize a color than to look at a text, read it and associate a context with it. Todoist Premium has 22 colours that you can use to colour-code your projects. Not only does it liven up your to-do list but it also means that you can instantly recognize the importance and context of each task on your list.
- Online or Offline – Todoist can now be used both on and offline meaning that you’re never without access to your to-do list. You can check and update it anytime, anywhere.
What about you? What are your reasons to use Todoist’s 12 different platforms? We’d love to hear your comments!